Saturday, January 2, 2010

{These are a few of my favorite things}

This past October I had the opportunity to attend Bridal Market in New York City. It was one of those moments in life where everything feels incredibly surreal--like I was living a movie. Being obsessed with bridal fashion, the trip was my own sort of journey to Mecca. There were so many amazing gowns that it is difficult, even now, to choose favorites. However, there were a few standouts that I wanted to share.

The two dresses above are both made of my favorite fabric, Organza. It makes a bride look like she is floating on clouds. The dress on the left is from Watters & Watters and the one on the right is from Anne Barge.

Prior to Market, Lazaro bridal was not on my list of favorite designers. This is partially due to their not so fantastic advertising campaigns. {Great job making the gorgeous dress on the right look like moss.} However, after seeing the dresses from Lazaro's Spring 2010 collection firsthand on the runway, my opinion has drastically changed. The dress on the left is just one example of how he has updated a classic dress like the ball gown for the new decade. Many of the designers were showing gorgeous skirts like the the dress on the right, but the bodice on this dress took it above and beyond the rest. It is actually intricate beading covered by sheer netting that crisscrosses in different directions. Trust me on this one...both of these dresses are fab!


Oh Kenneth Pool...How do I love the? Let me
count the ways: 1. Gorgeous silhouettes, 2. The most luxurious fabrics, 3. Best bead work in the bridal world {well, maybe tied with Rivini} 4. Designed by the one and only Amsale Aberra...The list could go on, but I won't bore you. The two dresses above were my favorites from the Spring 2010 collection. Again, the pictures here don't quite do the dresses justice. The beading on the dress on the left is simply stunning, and stunning in its simplicity. I can't wait to see how these dresses look on a real human, but something tells me that will be perfect too.

No comments:

Post a Comment