Monday, February 15, 2010

Inspiration Board #3 : {Gatsby with some sparkle}

I never really considered myself a "bling" girl, but recently I just cant help but be attracted to anything shiny. Now, I'm not planning on bedazzling the blog anytime soon, but I did create a little inspiration board to show of some of the little gems I have come across recently.

I think that bling can be done very wrong (Hello crazy princess bride with your rhinestone tiara!), and it can be done right. One of the best ways to show some tasteful sparkle is with an antique brooch. And while you're raiding grandmas jewelry box for your something borrowed, why don't you just think about bringing in some other elements from back in the day. Using inspirations like the Great Gatsby and Veronica Lake in Sullivan's Travels, I put together the following board.



{Image sources clockwise from top left: image SOTA, headband Jennifer Behr, invitation etsy, cake via Savvy Soirees, bridesmaid image Josh Goleman via 100 Layer Cake, necklace image Neysa Rhul via Style Me Pretty}

No comments:

Post a Comment